Friday, November 13, 2009

Ethan's 3rd Birthday Party

So Ethan turned three last month and I'm still a little in shock that my little boy is growing up so fast. We threw a party for him on the Saturday after his birthday and I didn't invite as many people as I did for Katelee's party. (I don't think our little house could have handled another party like that) We planned the party for after Ethan's nap so he could be in a really good mood, and we lucked out because he was in a really good mood.This year he wanted a Cars cake so I borrowed a pan from a family friend and decorated it the night before the party. It's not my best but I guess it turned out alright.
Ethan was really excited this year to open presents and he did a very good job at it. I didn't really have to do anything but just sit there and hand him presents. I felt a little left out, but I was able to see how excited he was for each present, even the clothes and that was just as fun as opening the gifts with him.


Thanks to Aunt Anna and Uncle Enrique, Ethan now owns a Bow and Arrow. Of course it's not a real one, but as soon as Ethan got outside to try it out he said, "where the birds at, I want to shot one!" Uncle Matt defiantly has an influence on Ethan. Fantastic, if the birds know what is best for them they will stay away from our house!

Then Ethan opened his Aunt Lisa's gift which was a BYU helmet and outfit. Ethan was so excited about this one that he didn't want to open any more gifts. Before the party was over he had the jersey on and the helmet! Thanks Aunt Lisa, this was a perfect gift right before Halloween!

And here is a random present opening picture to show you that he really did like the clothes as well!

If you don't know Ethan and his many facial expressions, this one demonstrates his excited face. He was such a thankful boy and very appreciative of all of his gifts. It made me proud when he was so excited for each gift.

And here is Ethan blowing out his candles. Don't mind the guy on TV, by this time the game wasn't really being watched.....

Grandma Alberta was able to make it to Ethan's party. This was a great shot of her doing her best YMCA impersonation! Just Joking!

We had Spaghetti and salad and bread for dinner and enjoyed every ones company. We were able to hear each other talk this time and when everyone left my ears weren't ringing for an hour like they were after Katelee's party! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family that shared Ethan's special day with him. I really think he had fun and that is ALL that matters! Happy 3rd Birthday Ethan, we are so glad 3 years ago you joined our little family!

1 comment:

Keever Family said...

Looks like you had a good birthday party! I guess next time we are in SLC, we'll have to get Ethan the right color!