Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random Ramblings....

With Memorial Day come and gone I think it's only appropriate to express my feelings for that weekend. I am so thankful for everyone that has fought for my freedom, First to obtain that freedom and then to maintain it! Without all those men and women this country would be unrecognizable. The rights we have been given because of these wonderful, courageous and brave individuals is amazing. I hope and pray that those same rights will still be available to my children when they become my age and older!
Memorial Day is also a time for me to Celebrate my marriage to the most wonderful husband in the world. Chris is my corresponding part that makes me complete! I often think of the times before Chris (aka-BC) and realize how everything before him lead me to him. All those crazy stories that will never be told, guided me directly to the one person that could love me and care for me the most! Chris knows when I need my time and he knows when I need my hugs and he knows when I need to hear the words "It will be okay, Hilary." He just knows, and it amazes me still to this day that someone can read my needs like a book! Since I met Chris my life has fallen into the path I always wanted, I'm a happy wife and a bragging mother! Chris makes me that better person I always knew I could be. He is a positive influence in my life and the lives of my children. Every night Chris leans over and gives me a goodnight kiss, no matter how tired he is! I always hear, "Love you babe!" numerous times throughout the day. There is not a time we part that he doesn't express his love for me, I always know he loves me by his actions and by his words. The 28th marks our 4 year Anniversary...4 of the best years of my life, no doubt! All thanks to my wonderful husband. I love you Chris! Now on to Ethan... This little boy makes me smile, his newest thing is the constant use of the word "sure." "Did you have fun at the lake today Ethan?" I ask, His reply, "Yeah, sure." "Do you want more juice?" "Um, sure" It cracks me up every time he says it. The boy knows when to use it too. He has never used it out of context, whenever he says "sure" it makes him seem so laid back, like he doesn't really care! Ethan has been to the lake two times and loved it. This weekend we went on Uncle Matt's boat and had a good time. Ethan loved throwing rocks in the lake. He would try to find the biggest ones and throw them. I sware this kid is doomed to get a hernia one of these days! Considering his health history it seems almost inevitable! Potty training is going okay, some days are way better than others, but mostly they are good. He pretty much has the peeing thing down, but refuses to go number two in the potty! No amount of bribing has worked for this yet, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears! Ethan continues to love and adore both of his Grandpas. He is Grandpa Blackburn's little garden helper and loves to read stories with Grandpa Nelson! He is still hot and cold with Katelee, but mostly leaves her alone unless she is getting more attention than him! He continues to surprise me with how much he really does pay attention without us knowing! The other day he told Grandma that he was going to be baptized, he even knows that he must be 8 to do that! He can tell you that Moroni is on top of the temple and that Grandpa works there! I'm so proud to be this aspiring little spirits mother, and so grateful he chose me as his mother!
Now on to this little lady. She is really becoming a little human being and I love it. I really love when kids get to be this age. Katelee is a very opinionated child already. When she wants something she wants it right now, and if she doesn't want something, there is no way you will change her mind. We have had a struggle with her eating habits from pretty much day three. (can't really count day one or two, they don't eat much then) If she doesn't want a bottle she won't eat it. No matter how you try to trick her into getting the bottle in her mouth it doesn't work. She is a ninja with her arms and makes it impossible to get past her! When she is done eating the same ninja instincts kick in and she is finished! I guess this little girl just knows when she is full, can't fault her for that! (wish I had her same judgement skills) When we leave her with someone she is a good girl for them, until we come home. As soon as she sees me or Chris she starts whining until we take her! If she sees her food and you haven't started feeding her, she throws a grunting fit until she gets it. If she hears you scraping the bowl and she isn't full yet, she starts fussing! It's amazing! I really need to get this stuff on video so I can show her what a drama queen she already was at 8 months old! Katelee finally got her second tooth. Its the bottom right middle! Yesterday she wasn't feeling well. She was pretty warm, but what really gave it aways was her cuddling with us. We took advantage of it, and although she wasn't feeling well, I still loved cuddling with my little lady! She has been sleeping through the night ever since we made her cry it out again! (this time I'm sticking to my guns) She is a happy baby most of the time and just loves and adores her older brother. Anything he does is funny to her, which sometimes only makes him act worse! I hope they keep that bond they have now! I am grateful for this little girls smile that seems endless and thankful too, for her choosing me as her mother!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hilary what a good post...you are so good to express all your feelings! I love what you wrote about your husband! Very sweet and special. Happy 4th to you 2 lovebirds!! And your kids are so cute...love the pics!!

tiffunny said...

Sweet post! And happy anniversary tomorrow.

Get Hooked said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary Haaaappppy Anniversary. Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! You just don't get the same affect typing it out as you would if I sang it to you. Sorry!

I love to read posts like this. It rememinds me how great it is to be a wife and a mother. Thanks for the reminder! When do I get to meet this baby of yours?