Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our Big Boy!

Isn't it funny how kids don't play with a toy until someone else has it, then they MUST have that toy right NOW! Ethan is constantly taking toys away from Katelee. Sometimes he will trade with her, which she doesn't usually mind, but most of the time he simply yanks it out of her hands. Katelee has been playing in the walker at Grandma's house, Ethan use to not care about that until one day his Cute Cousin who is 18 months old climbed into it! Then he couldn't get enough of it! He will fight with Matilynn when she gets in, he'll just hold on to the walker the whole time she's in it and whine! When Ethan would first get into the walker he would get in backwards so his back was facing the tray with all of the toys on it. Sunday he hoped in the walker at Grandma Nelson's house and was walking around, cracking us all up. Well today I'm sitting at work, not having the best of days and I get a text message from my mom. I open it up to see this picture of Ethan! A smile spread across my face faster than I could say "oh Ethan!" I knew this kid was tall, but this picture really makes him look like a giant! Isn't he just the cutest, funniest kid you've ever seen. My mom even took a picture from behind and he was actually kneeling on the floor. Needless to say my day has turned into a much better day because of this simple picture! Thank you mom for sending these little smile makers to me all the time! I am so thankful that I am able to provide for my family by having a good job that I love most of the time. I'm thankful for a husband that is becoming Educated so that he can better take care of his family, and I'm especially thankful for a mother that stays at home ALL day long with my two sweet, grouchy, cute, crazy, loving, cranky, smiling and crying kids! That is a blessing I truly take for granted and don't appreciated nearly enough! I do not know how she does it without going crazy, perhaps one day she can give me lessons! I hope this picture makes you smile like it did me!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That picture is a riot!! Haha!! Too funny! It is nice to stop and be thankful for our many blessings. Your mom is such a sweetie!!

Steph said...

Thats so funny cause I have one just like it with Zack. He just started doing that a few weeks ago. funny stuff.

ps I am finished with twilight, now on to ? Let me know when you are home and I will come and exchange.

Get Hooked said...

Too Cute! Nothing like a little something to change your attitude and change your day!