Friday, April 8, 2011

One Day...

The Thursday before I had to go back to work I took some random pictures of what my life had been like for the last 6 weeks...Dishes... I was doing dishes about 1-2 times a day. Usually I hate dishes, but this time washing bottles was a little therapeutic. I still, to this day, enjoy my dishes time... When I don't keep getting interrupted by crazy kids and other stuff I have to do.

Little Ashlee taking a quick nap on the floor while I get some stuff around the house done. She loves to hang out on her tummy. Laundry, lots and lots of laundry. One day I did 6 full loads... and that was just to get ahead. It seems like most days of my leave were spend doing some kind of laundry!

And then when I did the laundry I would have to fold it. I don't really mind folding the laundry, it's putting it away that really gets to me. Notice the TV remote in the middle of the piles of clothes... I catch up on my show while I fold, I think that's why I don't mind it so much!


Changing sheets. I forget how often you change a newborns sheets. Not that Ashlee is a dirty baby, just the spit up and explosions get everywhere!



Cooking, I didn't do this at the beginning of my leave so much, but started to get a good routine going in the end. This was our yummy lasagna before I cooked it.


As I finished taking all of these pictures I realized something...


I could get use to this...


I could get use to doing the laundry during the day.. I could get use to making nice dinners instead of ones that can be assembled, cooked and eaten within an hour. It was nice. I'm not going to say I'm wonderful at it... Most morning I didn't get out of bed before 8. Ethan and Katelee would lay in bed with me and watch TV while I dosed into sleep on and off. Chris took the kids to my mom's house many morning and then I wouldn't get out of bed until around 10... But for the first time in my "mother life" history I finally felt like I could do it. I was doing it, I was doing it successfully and I LOVED it! I think this realization made going back to work so much harder because I knew I could do it! I knew I was doing it!


I cannot wait to do it full time...

2 comments:

Get Hooked said...

I don't know how you do it. Seriously. After staying at Anna's and watching her get ready for work and coordinating sweet Emily's schedual. I just thought "Wow! How do working moms do it." So grateful I don't have to, but even that comes at a price, I realized also. It's never easy, but we all manage. I'm with you folding is fine, puting away is awful.

Heidi said...

Yes you can do it! And someday you will! And you will appreciate it all the more when you finally do! Hang in there!