Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Part of Our Vacation

We went on a family vacation last week to Salt Lake City. One of Chris' missionary companions got married on Thursday so we decided to go up for the whole week. With Chris starting school next month we thought this might be the last time for 3 1/2 years to go. My parents also came up with us. That is always nice. They are always so willing to help us out with the kids. We stayed at Lisa's house and destroyed it quite well in the week we were there. It was quite funny, you never realize how messy your little family is until you go to someones house that is really clean. When we came home from church, I looked at Lisa's living room and just went WOW-we were in a rush to get to church and didn't clean anything up. There were clothes, toys and stuff ALL over! Sorry Lisa! But she is so sweet, she said the clean up was worth it! Ethan and Katelee love spending time with Aunt Lisa, I don't know how many times Ethan went to the Park with Lisa... One night Chris, Ethan and I went out and left Katelee with Lisa. She got rocked to sleep by Aunt Lisa, I can guarantee you Katelee enjoyed that! :) On Thursday Lisa watched the kids for us while we went to the wedding and then afterwards she brought the kids so all of Chris' friends could meet them. It was a lot of fun and we took advantage of the Beautiful scenery... Too bad we didn't have a professional there to take our pictures, but I think Lisa did a pretty darn good job! Look at our Future Missionary! Hands on hips like he had been walking forever! It was pretty hot that day, but Ethan didn't mind, he got to be outside!

Our little family by the Temple doors! You don't realize just how big they are until you get up them!
The happily married couple, doing out "we just got married pose!"

And then our happy little family doing the "we just got married pose" It was pretty scary to hold Katelee up there!

And another picture of our family! I can't express adequately in words how much I love my family. I am so grateful to have two beautiful children that call me mommy, even if one of them yells it a lot! They truly bring a smile to my heart each time I see them. Ethan can be a wild and crazy kid, but the moment he sees me cry or sad he will stop what he is doing and say "Mommy, Okay?" And if I don't answer him he will come over and hit me and say "Mommy, you okay?" Makes me laugh because he is worried about me yet he hits me! What a cutie! Katelee has learned how to clap and loves to do it. All you have to say is Yeah, and she'll smile and clap! Just this week she started pulling herself up on things, and it's amazing how nervous I get just watching her. I really want to get Ethan's old helmet out and make her wear it! But for now I'll just be a nervous Nelly!
I will be doing updates on the rest of our Vacation as I get time and when I get the pictures downloaded. Our Vacation was packed FULL of fun and I can't wait to share it with everyone!



1 comment:

Get Hooked said...

cute family photo's! It was so great to see you and your cute little family. I wish I could have spent more time with you all. And you kept calling Ethan a monster???? I didn't see it. Thanks for making the time to stop in on us! I can't believe David hasn't seen you guys since we left Vegas!