Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What a Lucky Girl I Am!!!!

I'm a thinker, I'm always thinking. When I lay down at night I'm thinking. While I drive I'm thinking and I swear I think when I'm sleeping too.... But lately I have really been thinking how LUCKY I am. And I will give a few examples of why....



Of course there are the two obvious reasons: Ethan and Katelee!


I know these pictures are a bit old, but I love them!

These kids mean everything to me. Last night while driving home from Grandma Blackburn's I caught Ethan scratching at a sore he has had for quite a while and I told him to stop. He looked me right in the eye and said "You no worry about me, okay?" Well of course I was taken back by this statement, but quickly replied, "I'll worry about you whenever I feel like it!" That night I wrote about this is the kids' journal and it made me really think. I will worry about my kids forever, there won't come a time when I won't be worrying about them. I think about them all day long when I'm away from them, when they are sick or not feeling well I worry about them. I know this will not change the older they get, in fact I'm sure it will only get worse. I only pray that I can be the kind of example that will help them be the best they can, so I won't have to worry TOO much! Ethan and Katelee make me smile every day and I love it! Katelee can throw the biggest attitude tantrum and I will just laugh because she is so cute!




Another Reason I'm so Lucky is: Chris








My husband is great! Though we are quite different in our worry tactics we make a great couple! Chris rarely worries about things, which sometimes drives me crazy! But that aspect really helps offset us! Chris loves learning new things about the body, I do too, just not as much as Chris! He really does try to spend as much time with the kids as he can, and he always tries to make time for me as well! I defiantly lack the enthusiasm of making time for Chris, but he also makes up for that! I'm grateful for the chance we had of meeting and getting married. I'm so happy to know that we are a family that has been sealed together FOREVER! I know that there really isn't' a way to comprehend FOREVER, but I'm pretty sure I'm excited to spend it with Chris and the kids!





Another Reason I'm so Lucky is: My Family!


These people do SOOOO much for me I can't even begin to list them! My mother watches my kids all week long and she still loves them! I feel so bad for her. She wants to be "the Grandma" but isn't given that opportunity very often because she has them soo much. One day Mom, I promise you will get to be the grandma you want to be.... My parents are always willing to watch the kids for us when we need a babysitter. My siblings are great too! We have grown so close through the years. Matt and I have always been pretty close, we had a common enemy, my sister.... But now my sister and I are very close too! Ever since we didn't have to live together we are great friends! My sister and brother have both married great spouses that I love very much! They too will do anything for us anytime we ask! I love them soooo much!



Anther reason I'm so Lucky: My In-Laws

Once again, a really old picture, but this is the only one I could find on this computer!

My In-laws are everything I could have ever wanted. My Mother and Father-in-Law are always doing things for our family. Karolyn watches Ethan every Friday, which is a challenge! They also love to watch the kids for us and just this week Karolyn asked if she could do our laundry for us, so she could help us out more! It's little things that help make the challenges in our lives seem smaller. Aunt Lisa loves to come visit the kids and is Very good at spoiling them as well! These people are great and I can't imagine trying to handle life without them in it!

Other reasons I'm so lucky:

I know that I'm a daughter of God, I know that he loves me and is mindful of my ever need!

I have great friends that help strengthen me on a daily basis!

I have good health and am able to take care of my family!

I am able to provide for my family while Chris is bettering himself and eventually the family!

And much-much-much MORE!

1 comment:

tiffunny said...

great outlook on life. you are lucky!