Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mommy-Daughter Dates

Sometimes I like to have some one on one time with my kids.  Sometimes we are actually able to make it happen. Life gets pretty busy sometimes and when it gets busy all I want to do with my free time is hang out with the whole family.  But, I also know how special those one on one moments are so we work hard to make it happen.  The other day I needed to go to the grocery store and Katelee was adamant that she wanted to go with me.  We decided to make it a Mommy and Daughter date.  We went to Target and got some popcorn and a slushy and walked around and got what we needed.  Then we went to the grocery store and then Katelee picked China a go-go for dinner.  I have never been there, but she really wanted to go, so we went.  We decided to get the Chicken Chow Mein and it was yummy.  We talked A LOT and loved every minute of our time.  Katelee is funny, she is at an age where she is still a kid but trying so hard to be grown up.  Our conversation was a good mixture of kid stuff and teen stuff...  I'm so thankful for times where I can just sit back and enjoy my kids in a special way.  When I was sitting across from Katelee at dinner I just kept thinking, "How on earth did I get so lucky to have this girl in my life?"  I have truly been blessed... 

After my one on one with Katelee, Ashlee really wanted some Mommy and her time so we decided to go shopping and to lunch. It was the day after Thanksgiving so it was really busy.  We went to Bath & Body Works and scooped up quite a bit of stuff for cheap.  We had to wait in line forever, but Ashlee was so good.  We went to Cugios after that and shared the lunch pizza special.  When we started eating Ashlee noticed the Garlic Knots were ready and asked for some, so we got some of those as well.  Ashlee is so fun to hang out with.  When she is one on one she is such a good girl.  She is polite and kind and doesn't talk potty talk when it's just her.  Again, sitting across from my other daughter I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly blessed.  She is a crazy girl and I just love her.  She is a whole lot of me packed into that small body!!  She cracks me up without even trying and her facial expressions are on point!!! 

Chris and I are trying harder to make these types of one on one experiences happen more for all of our kids.  It's so important that they feel important and feel like we care about them!!  When there are 4 kids running around the house it's easy for them to feel like we don't notice them and I don't want them to ever feel like that.  2016 will be full of lots of one on one dates!!!  

No comments: