Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Great Grandma and Grandpa Rufus

Every year we go up to Salt Lake City for Thanksgiving to spend it with my Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn. I truly enjoy spending that long weekend with them and especially love how much my kids LOVE it as well! Growing up I never really thought about my kids and getting to see and know my Grandparents, but I am so thankful now that they have gotten that opportunity.


Growing up I only knew one Great Grandparent, and she was pretty awesome. We drove back to Tennessee when I was 5 or so and I can still remember her house and the way she sat. I also remember going to a park with her to listen to a bluegrass band. ( Actually us kids really didn't listen we only played... but you get my drift) Any who, my kids love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Rufus (named after their dog) and I'm pretty sure they enjoy having them around too... (most of the time...) I make sure each time we are there to get a picture of my kids with them. This can be challenging, but I think this collection of pictures represents pretty much how hard it can be and how fun at the same time!! Ashlee is perfect in this picture. Ethan not so much and Katelee's hair is blocking half of Grandma's face...


No comment needed....


Pretty good one, if you don't mind the crazy smile from Ethan...


Well at least Grandma and Grandpa look good in this one... Who cares about the kids...


I look forward to our next trip to Utah with great anticipation each time. I so enjoy our visits, talking, playing cards, shopping and all the other fun activities we get to do while we are there!!!

Love you Grandma and Grandpa and can't wait to see you soon!!!

No comments: