Thursday, December 16, 2010

30 Weeks

(This is a shirt my sister is letting me borrow... She wore this at 9 months, not sure it will stretch that far for me...)So I am officially 30 weeks, which means exactly 7 months! Woo Hoo! I cannot believe how fast it has flown by, well after the first 12 weeks that is! Things are still going great. I feel great, I'm not too uncomfy and I'm sleeping well. (Unless it's a night the kids decide not to sleep well, but pregnancy has nothing to do with that one!) I stopped running per my SPT (student of physical therapy), Christopher Nelson. I have been having an interesting pain in my upper thigh that he is convinced is from using new muscles from the way I'm waddling now and also my increased weight! So I now just walk on the treadmill, at a more rapid speed. I find walking to be more enjoyable, but I think it's just because I actually get to read instead of just listen to my music. I feel some what productive and don't get so bored while I read! Katelee and Ethan are still VERY excited about baby Ashlee and I can't say I feel any different then they do. Katelee loves to see my belly, kiss my belly and pat (slap) my belly. Ethan loves up on my belly all the time and I'm pretty sure this baby will be quite familiar with their voices when she finally gets out. Just a few random and unimportant facts about this pregnancy:
1. Baby Ashlee loves the right side of my belly. My other kids did as well, but not as obvious as this one! I am most times very lopsided and to me it looks pretty silly. The other day at the Dr's while laying down for measurements it was very obvious where the baby was, even the Dr. made a comment.
2. I think this baby will be able to defend herself. She often will push out and I'll push back in. We'll go on like this for minutes, sometimes, and I think it's helping her prepare for her life with Ethan and Katelee!
3. With Ethan and Katelee by now I was measuring big... But with this little lady I'm measuring right on track. I'm sure me eating better, getting in normal work outs and being more active having two other kids to chase is helping that out. I also had one month with Ethan and Katelee where I gained 10-12 pounds, however the top for one month with this baby has been 4 pounds... Pretty good if you ask me.
4. There are times I forget I'm pregnant until I try to fit somewhere I can't, or look down and see my belly and remember oh yeah! I know it sounds crazy to forget I'm pregnant, it's just that I feel normal most of the time. Of course I never forget I'm pregnant when I'm waddling down the hall or climb the stairs and have to catch my breath.
5. I had a short 1-3 weeks filled with anxiety about being the mother of 3 children, but I'm feeling a little better about it. At that time the kids were taking turns being sick and getting up in the middle of the night. On top of that Chris was sick and not sleeping well and that kept me up as well. Each morning I'd wake completely exhausted and think, "How on earth am I going to get up with a newborn multiple times a night, and on top of that, how am I going to take care of Ethan and Katelee in the middle of the night if I'm with the baby???" Things have settled down a bit and I know Chris will help out, if I'd wake him up, so my anxiety has decreased a bit. Having three kids is still daunting, but I'm more excited than any other emotion now, so that is good!
6. I can eat pretty much anything I want and have no problems. This includes spicy and greasy foods. It's been great and my allergies have been very much under control while pregnant. Usually this time of year means I can't wear my contacts because my eyes get so bad, but I'm doing great!!
I know eventually I will get very uncomfortable and want this baby to come sooner than later, but for now I'm pretty good with her staying in my belly. I am very excited to see what she looks like and who she takes after more, but that is all stuff I can wait to find out!

5 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

I love the name Ashlee is so cute! I am so excited for and happy everything is going well for you. Ethan and Katelee with be awesome siblings to any child!

tiffunny said...

it's getting closer. How exciting.

Karen said...

You are glowing! Congrats

Andi said...

You look darling! I had that same maternity shirt and wore it entirely too much. It was my favorite maternity item. Hopefully we'll get together soon and get to meet Ashlee after she arrives!

Get Hooked said...

You are too cute! I'm amazed that you were running. Are you crazy? I have 3 sick kiddo's right now, and I'll be honest. It's tough, but the way they NEED me, melts my heart. Wouldn't trade a one of them for sleep.