Sunday, March 6, 2011

And Her Name Shall Be Ashlee Elizabeth Nelson

Today was Ashlee's first trip to church and it was for her Name and Blessing. Church starts at nine, so our house was a little hectic this morning, but we were able to get everyone dressed and to church on time... Even a little earlier than normal. As always, Chris did a great job and made me get a little teary eyed! The Priesthood members in the circle were, Daddy, Grandpa Blackburn, Grandpa Nelson, Uncle Matt, Uncle Jim, Cousin Larry, Mike B. and Bishop. Afterwards we had everyone over to our house for a little luncheon. Of course Ashlee slept right through it, but that's ok since she couldn't eat anything we had!

We blessed Ashlee in the same dress we blessed Katelee in. If we have another girl I hope to bless her in the same dress too. It's huge on the girls but I just love it so much and now it has such special memories attached to it that it's priceless!



In Ashlee's Blessing she was blessed with:
Health and Strength to face temptations and trials that Heavenly Father sees fit to place before her.
Strongest of testimonies.
She has been sent to this family that loves her and is excited to have her here.
To be source of strength and comfort to not just her family but to all she comes in contact with, all Heavenly Father's Children.
That she will look up to her mother and want to be just like her. (Probably one of my favorite parts!)
Blessed that she will find a Young Man that is worthy to take her to the Temple to be sealed for time and all eternity.

It's amazing how when I was expecting another child I secretly feared that I won't love them as much as I already love my other kids. That somehow my heart just wasn't big enough or capable to hold that much love. Then I have this little lady and I can't imagine not loving her with the same amount of love I have for my other kids. Kinda gives me a small glimpse into our Heavenly Father's love for each one of us. We are all his children, and he loves us all the same! It's amazing, a miracle and absolutely Perfect in every way! I'm so glad little Ashlee choose our family to be a part of and glad that Heavenly Father sent her to us! We love her to pieces, each and every one of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful blessing for a beautiful baby!!

tiffunny said...

sounds like the day went perfectly! I'm so happy for you guys. Heidi told me about the blessing on Saturday but I had to do sharing time at my ward so couldn't make it. I'm glad I still feel like i got to be a part of it a little bit by reading about it.

Heidi said...

Sorry we missed it! Sounds beautiful and she looks absolutely gorgeous in her white dress and beautiful blanket from your mom! Congrats!