Monday, November 22, 2010

October-Ethan's 4th Birthday

On October 21st Ethan turned four, in case you didn't hear me I said FOUR!!! I do not know where the last four years have gone, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't really been four!!! Anyways, on Ethan's birthday we had him open presents when he got up. Chris had the day off so he got to sleep in... He has been very excited for this birthday and was so excited to open his presents. When he came into our room that morning he came and gave me a big hug and said "It's my birthday today!" What a cutie!
This is him showing us that he really is four!
He got to open his presents and of course Katelee was there to help him out!
This boy loves the show Phineas and Ferb! I can't complain it has some pretty funny parts for adults and I don't find it completely horrible! Ethan is big into sleeping with some stuff animals so when we saw a kid in my Sister-in-laws ward with a Ferb stuff animal we knew we had to find it. We were able to find Phineas, Ferb and Agent P so he was really excited for that!
We had Ethan's party the Saturday after his b-day and of course he wanted a Phineas and Ferb cake. I searched everywhere I could to find a cake mold for them but was unsuccessful. I asked Ethan a million times what kind of cake he wanted, hoping he would change his mind, but each time it was Phineas and Ferb. So the night before I decided to give it a try.
I will not lie and say it's my best cake, but I don't think it was too bad!
We had some family and friends over for his party and he loved every minute of it. That night when he prayed he asked if he could have another birthday tomorrow! Too funny!
Here is Ethan blowing out his candle. Maddy was determined to blow them out so I strategically placed my hand over her mouth!
Ethan loved opening his gifts and wanted to play with them all right away. I still cannot believe that we have had four b-day parties for this guy, but every day I look at Ethan and think how big he is getting! This kid can be so sweet and crazy at the same time. He feels bad when he sees he has hurt you and he will quickly apologize, and then do the same thing a few minutes later! He is a great big brother, always throwing a fit when we threaten to leave Katelee somewhere because she is being so grouchy. No one can be mean to his sister, except him! He loves to read books and has his favorites at the library. He loves to give long kisses, and although I pray he gets out of this stage, I'm ok with him doing it to just me! The other day Katelee had lifted up my shirt and was talking to the baby and Ethan says, "Mom you getting Fa..., I mean, you um, you is, um you are getting, um you is, you are tall!!!" And then he walked away. I looked up at Chris and he was silently laughing, what a sweet kid. He knows I'm getting fat yet he knew it would hurt my feelings so instead he tells me I'm getting tall! Such a sweet funny moment!
Four years ago I became a mother, a job I could never have imagined would be so hard, so fun and so rewarding! How I love Ethan with all my heart, how I'm thankful his is the eldest! He tries so hard to be good, most of the time. I know he will be his sister's protector, making sure they are taken care of! He has taught Katelee so much, some of it not that great, but most of it cute! We love you Ethan and are so proud and grateful to be your parents!

2 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

WOW! Hillary the Cake is awesome! It is scary how fast they grow up!

Heidi said...

4 already?? What a big boy! Fun 4 year old birthday!