Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One of Those Weeks.....

(I have been wanting to blog, but just have too much going on in my head to come up with one clear topic, so this is what I came up with)

It has just been one of those weeks. You know the ones where you go from high to low and then back to high and on and on. Well I’m exaggerating a little bit but needless to say this week is one I will be happy to see go. This weekend was the Father’s and Son’s camp out for Ethan and Chris. My Dad joined them this year and they had a blast. Hopefully after this week ends I will be able to get that post on here! Because the boys were out of town, Katelee and I decided to stay the night with my mother. It was so much fun, we went to dinner, watched two movies (Twilight and New Moon), we talked and had a great night’s sleep. I even got to sleep in until 7:45am, wow, AMAZING!!! Then the next day we went over to Anna’s house for a Mary Kay party and had some more fun. Being the crazy mother I am, I really missed my son and my husband and was so excited to see them when they got home. That afternoon Chris and I went to the Temple Sealing of a family in the ward. It was a great sealing, especially since this family included one of the YW from our ward. Sunday was great. Basically I went to bed feeling practically perfect and Monday morning I woke up feeling the same way. Then as the day went on it seemed to get worse… Work…. Well work is work and although I enjoy it most days, Monday would be one of those days that I did not enjoy. I hate to complain about my job, especially in this economy where many people are unemployed and unable to provide for their family like I have the opportunity of doing. However, please bear with me for a brief moment. Work for me lately has become an emotional rollercoaster. I work for a bank and they are not very popular right now with anyone. I tend to think like a banker and think ‘some’ banks are getting a bad reputation for things that ‘other’ banks have done. (I digress, sorry) Being at a bank that is struggling is a pretty rough thing. One day you hear nothing but positive news and then the next your hopes of a bright employment future are dashed by something that seems so small. Monday was one of those days. My weekend was great, and then Monday comes and one simple request sends me into grouch mood. I have a nice conversation with my husband via “text message” because I just needed to talk with someone to vent it out. My day was just plain after that. I was grateful to get home and spend some time with my family. Chris had a CPR class he had to attend so we did FHE early. My parents came over for dinner and helped me get the kids ready for bed. Tuesday was a bit better at work; I was in a better mood. I came home to Chris making dinner for us and the missionaries. Dinner was great, I think it always taste better when someone else makes it! Then I had to rush off to go to my monthly camp meeting. These meetings tend to drive me crazy because not much gets accomplished in them… Around 7 Chris has a meeting so my kids end up hanging out with me at the camp meeting until they become a little too disruptive or it gets too far past their bed time. Last night’s meeting was especially tough for me because they expect us to meet with our group more than just at these meetings. Don’t get me wrong I understand that they want us to bond with the girls that we are going to camp with, I get that. But where would you like us to squeeze that in? I know I need to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability but sometimes I feel like there is just no more time to go around. I work till around 5, pick up the kids, get home around 6. I make dinner try to get some housework done, which very rarely happens and then I have to get the kids down. Oh yeah, and don’t forget I have to work around Chris’ schedule too. He goes to school, studies and has the duties that come with being the Elder’s quorum president too. Where am I supposed to squeeze another meeting into? But that is not all our poor Young Woman’s President’s husband works multiple jobs, goes to school and they have three kids. She always has to get babysitters to go to meetings and she feels horrible about it. Wow, I’m really venting, I feel horrible. Anyways, I came home from that meeting feeling like more of a failure then I did when I got there. I put Katelee down around 8:15 and of course that night is the night she chooses to cry instead of fall right to sleep. Grrr. So Ethan and I go upstairs, he sits on the bed and watches TV while I try to get Katelee to calm down and go to sleep. Ethan decides he needs to go get his Woody stuff animal from downstairs and comes up with an apple and Woody. I take the apple back downstairs and then we sit on the bed and watch TV until 9 o’clock. (I must explain that I cannot put Ethan to bed if Katelee is still awake. If I do this, she will keep them both awake late into the night, most the time we have to just move Ethan into the den for about 30 minutes until she falls asleep and then Ethan can go back into the room. Thus, why Ethan gets to stay up until 9….) By then Chris gets home and we put Ethan to bed. He gets up and complains that his leg hurts. He has taken the bandage off and scratched him eczema spot raw yet again! We rewrap it and put him back into bed. He later gets out of bed and asks for a blessing because his leg hurts too bad. Chris says okay, (how do you say no to that?) and then we go to put him in bed again and find his wrap has been taken off again! Grrr… So I rewrap him once again, this time crying because this poor boy has had this spot forever, and I’m only slightly exaggerating when I say that. His skin looks horrible on this one side and now it’s starting to get a heat rash around the whole leg from having the wrap on him. He goes back to bed and stays there. I’m exhausted by now and still have laundry to fold. So I go upstairs and Chris helps fold the laundry. We start to watch a show in bed and I’m out. It is amazing how tired you can get in one day… Needless to say it is Wednesday, and I have Friday off so I can’t complain too much, but I sure can’t wait to spend all day on Friday with my husband and kids! I need a good four day weekend to get my emotions back into check! Thank heavens for my family, they are always the highlight of my day!!!!

7 comments:

Ashlee Merback said...

Oh Hilary, I am so sorry you have had a rough week! I really don't know how you do it all. As for church stuff, cut yourself a break and just do the best you can do. You don't need a ton of extra time to bond with your girls because with your fantastic personality it will only take a few minutes at camp and they will be hooked! YW really is SOOOOO demanding that you just have to pick - by the spirit of course - those things that are most important and focus on those amd let go of the guilt over the rest of it. Hang in there. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Keever Family said...

You are Wonder Woman! I seriously ave no idea how you do all the things you do! I just wish I lived close to you guys! Relax this weekend! Enjoy your beautiful family!

Maynor Moments said...

Hilary! You are wonderful! I have enjoyed working with you so much. You are great person, and you do so much. You are always there for me and my million questions. If you need anything please call. I appriciate you so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ashlee. You are amazing and so much fun to be around. I totally understand where you are coming from, it's difficult to try to do everything 100%. If you discover the secret please let me know!! Don't be too hard on yourself and if you need anything in the mean time let me know!

Best Life with Kim said...

You are amazing! Don't forget that. Follow the spirit and do the best you can. Remember, these challenges are only a small moment and will pass. Your trials will make you a stronger, better person. I'm sorry it is so hard for you right now. I wish there was a way I could lighten your burden. I will keep you in my prayers and hope your week gets better.

Tenille said...

I guess my ward is behind because we do not do monthly camp meetings. And if you do have any we send the camp directors to them. I have my moments too with Young Womens. Some weeks I just want out because I feel like it is taking too much of my time and taking me away from my kids and husband. Brady's and mine church schedules conflict all the time so our kids have to get dragged to boring meetings. And then other weeks I see the rewards of my calling and get humbled. So if you ever need to vent about YW you can vent to me because I garantee that I have had the same feeling at some point. Just hang in there.

Heidi said...

That's what blogs are for...venting! Sometimes you just gotta do it! It's okay to not have a perfect week every once in awhile. It's okay to feel overwhelmed and exhausted. You do a lot...working, being a mom, taking care of a household, church callings...it's exhausting just thinking about it! But hang in there sweetie! You're doing a great job!! Love ya!